The holidays are here, which means you have many opportunities to incorporate festive, fun decorations with your advertisements and to cater to a Christmas crowd of customers. In our last blog, we gave you tips about selecting a type of banner, a color theme and a theme for your shapes and graphics. Here are a few more tips for creating the perfect custom banners for the holidays:
- When designing your banners, make sure they are designed in a manner that is consistent with your other advertising elements, including custom posters and vinyl signs. Many of the designs lend themselves perfectly to posters, as well as banners, since the shapes are so similar.
- Fonts are more important than you may imagine, and, believe it or not, there are certain fonts that are associated with the holiday season. Think of storybook fonts, and more intricate Santa’s-list-type fonts. If you use these, make sure your text is minimal, so that customers can still easily read what you’ve written. We also recommend going with a black font, unless you choose a dark green, dark red or darker silver font if you want to have a more festive color.
- Finally, consider where you are placing your banners. You want them to be in a place where they will look like Christmas decorations, but are still in plain sight and are easy to read and consume. If you have pop up banners, place them in a clear space in your store. If you have hanging banners with a stand, select a spot where they won’t be easily knocked over.
Last Minute Black Friday Marketing
It may be too late to design and order custom posters, custom banners or Duratrans, and have them in time for Black Friday, but there are other ways you can reach your customers to keep them updated on your sales and stock for Black Friday this year. Perhaps the best way to do this is by launching an email marketing campaign. Here are a few tips to make sure your customers open your emails and are excited about their content:
- Try to craft emails that are different than the norm. Consider adding an animated GIF to your email, designing your email so that it is fresh and visually appealing, or issuing a challenge to your customers.
- Make sure you use special sayings, or mention discounts in the subject line, to avoid being sent straight to the spam or recycle folder. It isn’t always enough to send a generic email listing your new products. You need to make them look appealing enough that customers want to click, read and visit.
- If you haven’t had very much success in the past with email marketing, maybe you should add a mobile option. In fact, a majority of people who read your emails are most likely reading them on a smartphone. If your email isn’t formatted in a way that is compatible with phones, they are unlikely to read them.
- Make sure you test your email before sending it out to your customers. This helps you avoid any mistakes in the text or the formatting, and ensures that your email doesn’t accidentally spam your customers with hundreds of emails.
One of the key considerations for advertising is your target audience, and many companies have found sports fans to be a good target audience because they are relatively easy to reach and are slightly more responsive to ads than other audiences. The best way to reach sports fans is by ordering dasher boards from a full color printing service posting them at sporting venues.
Whether their team is winning or losing, sports fans are generally in good spirits and have high energy when they are attending a game or a match, and studies have shown that a majority of them will read the advertisements posted during down time between plays or time outs. Also, when players are near your ads, your logo is often captured and projected on the big screen, on television or captured in a photo and run in the newspaper the next day. This means that you get more advertising value for each dollar simply by putting your ad in such a high-profile spot. Call the printing experts at Apple Visual Graphics at 718-361-2200 for a quote and more information today.
Window graphics, also known as window stickers, vinyl banners and more, not only grab attention as customers pass by, but also can eliminate the need to cover up construction or put up an interesting window display in every single window. Thus, not only are you advertising in a manner that is eye-catching and that has been proven to be successful, but you are also saving time by pasting on a display that will last.
Since Apple Visual Graphics can print window graphics in any shape or size, they are easy to create, even for oddly shaped spaces, and the bold vinyl is hard to miss. Whether you are running a short-term sale, or you are changing locations and want to draw customers to your new store, window graphics can reach your customers successfully. Contact the printing experts for more information and design help.