If you are starting a new business, you have a ton of things on your plate. From obtaining business licenses, to hiring employees, to ordering products, something is bound to slip through the cracks.
Here is a short guide to the print items you absolutely need to design and order within the first few months of being in business.
- Letterhead: Your communications with customers, partners and competitors needs to be professional, or you will not be taken seriously as a new business. For this reason, we recommend you prioritize designing your company stationery and letterhead before you begin corresponding as a company. Digital printing services offer these products at reasonable prices as well, so you won’t have to break the bank to look professional right out of the gate.
- Business Cards: Business cards are vital for branding your company and help you network with competitors and potential customers. Make sure you include all relevant information, such as your company name, email, number, address and any other relevant contact information. You should also include a logo and colors that are consistent with your company’s brand.
- Brochure or Booklet: Being a new company, it is important that you educate customers and competitors as to what services and products you offer. The best way to do this is to invest in a branded booklet design and find a wide format printing company or booklet printer who will complete your order for a reasonable price. Keep the frills to a minimum. You can expand into special finishes and shapes once your business is more established.
Consumers are constantly given a choice in different brands and products. Most consumers will choose a brand they are more familiar and comfortable with, resulting in more sales for that brand. Increasing brand awareness so that customers choose your products can lead your company to greater success and more profit.
Ways to Increase Brand Awareness
Advertising your brand is important in increasing consumer awareness. You can do this with different types of media advertisements, from TV commercials to social media ads. The more you make your brand visible, the more likely you are to make a positive impression on consumers. Use these advertising tools to create a trustworthy image, setting your brand above other brands.
In addition to commercials and social media ads, you can increase brand awareness in the store. In-store graphics are a great way to reinforce the image you’ve already portrayed through other forms of advertising media. This can increase the likelihood of your brand being selected over other brands.
Click below to embed this infographic into your website:
Custom posters, vinyl signs and custom banners all have many different uses for spring, and can easily stretch your print advertising campaign through summer, if you order several different variations of each, and allow your campaign to naturally evolve as the season develops. Here are some of the top uses for banners this season:
- Easter: Create a custom banner for your Easter sale, or if you aren’t having a sale, create a banner that highlights your company’s relevance for the holiday. Capitalizing on the high spirits that surrounds holidays is one of the easiest ways to drum up more business. Use pastels, Easter graphics and rounded fonts for a successful banner.
- Spring Sales: Most companies have spring cleaning sales, offering old merchandise at discounted prices. The best way to attract customers to your store is by installing an oversized banner printed with block fonts and bright, vibrant colors. These banners will catch eyes from far away and put people in the mind of getting good deals and spending money.
- Mothers’ Day: Use flowers, pinks, hearts and pastel colors to create a successful Mothers’ Day banner. Put special gifts and cards for the holiday near the front of your store in a special display, as well, once you install the banner.
- Graduation Banners: The start of summer marks graduation season, meaning people are purchasing items for graduation parties, gifts for graduates and more. Capitalize on the festivities with a dignified banner to draw customers into your store.
Spring is a time of growth, color, activity and high spirits. What better way to capture all of this in your spring print advertising campaign than by flying a new company flag? People make a subconscious judgment of your business within 90 seconds of first encountering it, and a large portion of their opinion is based on color. Flying a new, colorful flag will dramatically improve potential customers’ first impressions of your company.
Apple Visual Graphics offers many different sizes and designs for flags, giving you the opportunity to create a custom flag with a catchy image or logo and vibrant colors to capture the attention of any passers-by. Flags are inexpensive, and they are seen by many more people than some other types of print advertisements.
Other colorful ways to capture attention outdoors during spring are custom banners, which work best when printed in bold, complementary colors with a strong logo and company title; custom posters, which can have similar designs to banners but with more information; and vinyl signs that cling to the windows at the front of your business. As usual, remember to choose print advertisements with bright colors, flowers and other active images for spring.
You can also make smaller flags or purely decorative flags available for sale to help customers get caught up in spring fever. These not only help with advertising, but also help stimulate business during these warmer seasons. Call Apple Visual Graphics at 718-361-2200 for more information about ordering custom flags today.
You’ve likely heard many of the general print ad advice before, including limit your copy, focus your ad, use images and create a strong headline. Here are a few spring-specific tips to help improve your large format digital printing advertisements this season.
- Capture the Cliché: While English teachers probably beat clichés out of you, advertising experts will tell you to embrace them. Spring into this season with catchy seasonal clichés, but make sure you don’t overuse them. A well-placed cliché in a custom poster or custom banner can help capture the feel of the season and draw your customer in. Too many of them will annoy potential customers and make you look unprofessional.
- Color Everything: Spring is not the time to limit the colors on your print advertisements or to print in black and white. This is the time to go full color on every poster and every page of your catalogue. The more color this season, the better.
- Use Images: Pictures are the perfect way to show what you mean, and are perfect for spring since they can capture the warm colors, activity and new growth better than words can. Make sure your images are cohesive and well composed, and the copy you place on your ad doesn’t interfere with your pictures.
- Time it Right: Don’t advertise on Fridays or Saturdays if you are placing your ads in papers or magazines. People are too busy enjoying their free time and being out of doors to peruse their regular publications on these days, and your ads are likely to be missed.